Social media managers balance a lot of hats and more than most clients realize daily. Although you can see the tangible results from managing a social media account, such as organic growth and content/scheduling, there are a lot of other behind-the-scenes work that has to be accomplished by plugging the content into Smarter Queue or any other platform.
First, what exactly is a social media manager?
They are the powerful punch that delivers a brand’s message on each platform the client’s audience is hanging out. A social media manager is fluent in the social lingo and is extremely active in staying with the current trends.
You can assume a social media manager is all of these things:
- Hashtag queen. Knowing when, how, and where to use these are key to success, especially on Instagram. Not sure, check out the ultimate hashtag handbook here.
- Has a keen eye for where your ideal client hangs out.
- Super organized and efficient. There is no way to fly by the seat of your pants in social media. The scene is constantly evolving and a plan with clearly identified goals is needed.
- Customer service orientated. Authentic engagement and responses is key when building a client’s reputation on social media.
Here are some of the behind the scenes tasks your social media manager works on for each brand and client:
- Preparing editorial calendars and planning content weeks or even months ahead.
- Researching and staying informed with the newest social media trends.
- Analyzing social media analytics this provides tangible data to know what is and is not working.
- Reviewing, revamping and adjusting strategies – this should be completed at least every six months.
- Organic reach, engagement, and following. Organic and the “right” audience only!
- Curating content – you should not just be posting your own content, share relevant news, tips, videos, quotes that resonate with your audience.
- Graphics, photography, editing images. Social media is all visual, so having photos and images on-brand is necessary.
So there you have it.. Pretty much all you need to know in order to outsource your social media from your business to a social media manager.
Have you thought about working with a social media manager to uplevel your business? What other questions do you have about a possible partnership? Want to know more, schedule a call with me here.